Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Blogging Bogging

I have discovered I'm not so good at remembering to Blog. I get Bogged down in other happenings....like broken water heaters, broken washing machines, and broken "rememberer". The first two I am dealing with...the third, not so good.
My excuse used to be "my memory isn't so good 'cause my brother had a stroke", later it changed to "my memory isn't so good 'cause my mother had a stroke". I was a bit too young when I could have said "my memory isn't so good 'cause my dad had a stroke".
Yeah, yeah, I know...the symptoms aren't contagious, but it sounded like a good explanation and no one ever questioned it. I'm not sure if they were being kind because my brother/mother/dad had a stroke or because they thought I didn't know strokes weren't "catching".

I haven't used that excuse in a while....I might try it again now, but I would have to change it to "my memory isn't so good 'cause my sister had a stroke".
Genetics, I guess.
I asked the doctor what he was going to do to make sure I was the one out of the five that couldn't add "stroke" to the list of diseases on their medical file. His answer? baby aspirin Sounds too simple but I'm taking that little pill every day. I suppose it is working---at least all my little cuts and scrapes bleed enough to make me think it is working.
baby aspirin Sounds too simple to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment